SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Many of you will fire up the grill for the Memorial Day holiday weekend. Brittany Carpenter of Price Cutter offers a tasty and nutritious idea for a side dish.
* 1 cup of almonds, toasted and chopped
* 2 cups each of chopped broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage
* 1 ½ cups of blueberries
* 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
* 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
* Zest and juice from 1 lemon
* 1 small garlic clove, chopped
* (to taste) salt and pepper
-- Combine almonds, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and blueberries in bowl and mix well
-- Add oil, mayo, lemon, and garlic
-- Stir until well combined
-- Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired
For best flavor, refrigerate 1 day before serving.