2 firefighters treated for the heat at Billings house fire

NEAR BILLINGS, Mo. -- Two firefighters suffered heat illnesses while battling a fire in Billings.

The fire happened at a home at the intersection of Terrill Road and Blue Bell Road around 2 p.m. Wednesday. The fire damaged part of the home. The fire started in the kitchen. The family escaped without any injuries.

Emergency crews treated two firefighters at the scene for the heat. They did not require transport to the hospital for further medical treatment.

Heat indices topped near 100 degrees at the time of the fire. Fire crews from Billings, Republic, Nixa and Clever rotated out because of the hot temperatures.