SPRINGFIELD, Mo. Peanut Butter Banana Pops
Courtesy: Dietician Lindsay Sparks/Mercy Hospital
Makes 10 popsicles
4 unpeeled bananas
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
1. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F.
2. Wrap the bananas individually in aluminum foil. Place them on a baking sheet and roast
until very soft, about 30 minutes. Set aside until they are cool enough to handle.
3. Peel the roasted bananas, add into a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth
but still chunky, about 4 pulses. Add the yogurt, peanut butter, and milk and process until
the mixture is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed, about 30 seconds.
4. Divide the yogurt mixture evenly among the molds. We purchased ours at Walmart for $2.44.
5. Add a popsicle stick to each mold and freeze until completely solid, at least 6 hours. Run
cool water over the molds to unmold.
6. The popsicles can be frozen for up to 3 weeks.
Per 1 popsicle
Total Fat: 7 gm
Sat Fat: 1 gm
Carbs: 17 gm
Fiber: 2 gm
Protein: 7 gm