Title: KY3 Multimedia Journalist
Department: KY3 News
Reports To: KY3 News Director
FLSA: Hourly, Non Exempt
Status: Full-time (40+ hours per week)
Deadline to apply: Septemeber 1, 2017 at 5pm
KYTV (NBC) is searching for a dynamic News Multimedia Journalist to join our team of hard-working reporters. Candidate must have passion for news and ability to shoot video, write and edit stories for on-air and online. We need someone who loves breaking news, likes working early mornings and does great live shots. The ideal candidate will be a high-energy reporter with stories rich in detail, and provides active and involved live shots, standups, and tells incredible stories about real people.
The KY3 Multimedia Journalist is responsible for demonstrating a superior ability to cultivate sources, work the beat system, and enterprise the lead story every day.
· Bachelors Degree in journalism or related field required
· One-two years of experience is preferred
· Basic computer knowledge including newsroom software, Microsoft applications and Internet use
· Experience with P2 cameras, ENPS newsroom software and/or Grass Valley non-
· Excellent broadcasting writing experience is a must
· Have experience with many platforms including web, mobile and social networks
· Ability to tell complicated stories with “live ability” required.
· Must possess a strong understanding of daily newscast content and work in conjunction with producers to develop a dynamic product.
· Strong initiative, attention to detail, and advanced ethical decision-making skills required.
· Arrive to the editorial meeting on-time at the start of your shift with at least two story ideas that could be produced for that day’s newscasts
· Shoot, write, edit and report stories on daily basis
· Perform creative and explanatory live shots and stand-ups
· Maintain and update Facebook and Twitter accounts at least twice a day
· Broadcast Facebook Live reports from breaking news scenes and for special reports
· Enter CG text and times into ENPS 30 minutes prior to newscasts
· Possesses a broad and working knowledge of our viewing area – the people, places, things and history of our communities.
· Possess storytelling skills that clearly convey the main points of issue to the viewer.
· Edit stories using Grass Valley system.
· Use knowledge of appropriate lighting to enhance the overall news presentation.
· Load raw video and still photos to the website prior to editing television video.
· Follow clothing and appearance guidelines.
· Writes and post website stories prior to airing of the television version
· Write and post a Web story before leaving news scene
· Presents TV stories in alternative ways at least twice a week (non-package presentation)
· Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
· Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
· Sitting 20%, standing/walking 80%. Ability to lift and carry 65 – 70 lbs. for short distances. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
· Work is performed in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to atmospheric conditions may be encountered. Occasionally morning, evening, or weekend work is required.
· Must hold a valid Missouri driver’s license and be insurable.
KYTV is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
The job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position.
All job offers are contingent upon passing a security clearance.