Job Title: Multimedia Journalist
FLSA: Hourly, non-exempt
Reports To: News Director
KYTV (NBC) is searching for a dynamic News Multimedia Journalist to join our team of hard-working reporters. Candidate must have passion for news and ability to shoot video, write and edit stories for on-air and online. We need someone who loves breaking news, likes working early mornings and does great live shots. The ideal candidate will be a high-energy reporter with stories rich in detail, and provides active and involved live shots, standups, and tells incredible stories about real people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Gather and provide news and information in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way using all sources
* Produce stories for daily newscasts and website
* Develop and maintain sources of information
* Demonstrate sound news judgment and ability to tell stories with pictures and natural sound
* Shoot television video, work as one-man-band and utilize non-linear editing equipment
* Enterprise hard-news stories under tight deadlines
* Participate in story selection process through morning meetings
Knowledge/ Skill/ Ability/ Education/ Experience Requirements:
* College degree in journalism or related field
* One-two years of experience is preferred
* Basic computer knowledge including newsroom software, Microsoft applications and Internet use
* Excellent live reporting skills required.
* Strong on-camera presentation skills required
* Strong initiative and attention to detail is required.
* Ability to tell complicated story with “live ability” desired
* Experience with P2 cameras, ENPS newsroom software and/or Grass Valley editing a plus.
* Ability to work well with others with limited supervision
* Must possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
* Must posses web writing skills, social media skills preferred
* Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors, and customers.
* General duties may include being on-call and carrying a paging device
* Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
Physical Requirements: Sitting 20%, standing/walking 80%. Ability to lift and carry 65-70 lbs. for short distances. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
Working Conditions: Exposure to atmospheric conditions will be encountered; significant outdoor work in all weather conditions is to be expected. Occasionally morning, evening, or weekend work is required.
Licensing Requirements: Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
999 W. Sunshine
Springfield, Mo. 65807 firstname.lastname@example.org
KYTV is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
The job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position.
All job offers are contingent upon passing a security clearance.