Date: December 14, 2016
This is to advise that station KYTV (NBC) has a job opening in the News Department.
Job Title: Part-time Associate News Producer
FLSA: Part Time, Hourly, non-exempt
Deadline to apply: 12/28/16 at 5pm
* Produces newscasts including: writing scripts, editing copy, ordering graphics to fit stories, coordinating live shots with directors, production staff, reporters & photographers.
* Prioritizes, organizes, and produces newscasts following the station brand and goals
* Responsible for writing clearly, concisely and conversationally.
* Must maintain working knowledge of current events, community issues, and extensive list of local contacts
* Responsible for developing original story ideas for daily newscasts.
* Special emphasis on working with reporters on story treatment and be able to accurately gather information for news stories under pressure
* Capable of accurate copy editing with an eye for visual elements and graphics that make stories understandable to the viewer
* Acts as a leader in facilitating teamwork of staff members working on the morning show
* Able to accurately and calmly handle decision-making process during the on-air process
* Post at least one piece of additional content to the Web site each day
* Approve Comments for Web site stories
* Copy edit stories on the Web site as you check newscast scripts
Education Requirements: Working toward college degree in Communications, Journalism or related field
Experience and Skills Necessary: Must have basic computer skills including internet usage, and word processing applications. Responsible for editing video and audio on industry standard equipment. Must be willing to work flexible hours and possess ability to work well with co-workers
Physical Requirements: Sitting 80%, standing/walking 20%. Ability to lift and carry 10 – 50 lbs. for short distances. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, stand,
use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
Licensing Requirements: Must hold a valid Missouri driver’s license and be insurable.
To Apply: Application can be found at www.ky3.com
Send your application/resume to: email@example.com
You may also send in application/resume to:
999 W. Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65807
KYTV is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen and an acceptable driving record for driving positions.
This job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position.