Route 66 celebrates its 85th anniversary this year. See how much you know about the "Mother Road."
1. Who wrote the song "Route 66?"
A. Nat King Cole
B. Chuck Berry
C. Bobby Troup
D. Phil Spector
2. Route 66 was originally going to known as U.S. Highway ____?
3. In which novel was Route 66 called the "Mother Road."
A. The Sound and the Fury
B. The Scarlet Letter
C. The Grapes of Wrath
D. Of Mice and Men
4. The 2006 Disney/Pixar film "Cars" takes place in what fictional town along Route 66?
A. Ornament Valley
B. Radiator Springs
C. Mexican Hat
5. In which state was the first Route 66 association found in 1987?
6. How many states does Route 66 pass through?
7. What town claims to be the halfway point between Chicago and Los Angeles?
A. San Jon, NM
B. Adrian, TX
C. Vega, TX
D. Wildorado, TX
8. How many miles of Route 66 lie in Kansas?
9. Which kind of car was featured in the Route 66 TV series?
A. Trans Am
10. The first McDonald's restaurant opened on Route 66 in what city?
A. Des Plaines, Illinois
B. Galena, Kansas
C. San Bernadino, California
D. Amarillo, Texas
11. How long is Route 66?
12. Which is NOT an interstate that replaced Route 66?
13. Who is known as the father of Route 66?
A. Cyrus Avery
B. Buz Murdock
C. Tom Joad
D. Jack D. Rittenhouse
14. Historic Route 66 begins at what intersection in Chicago?
A. Clark and Ohio
B. Michigan and Erie
C. Halstead and State
D. Lake Shore and Jackson
15. Which of these landmarks would NOT be found on Route 66?
A. The Cozy Dog Drive-In
B. Ted Drewe's Frozen Custard
C. The Cowboy Museum
D. The Pro Football Hall of Fame
16. The entire Route 66 was finally paved by what year?
17. What restaurant on Route 66 claims to have been the world's first drive-through restaurant?
A. Red's Giant Hamburg
C. In 'N Out Burger
D. Maid Rite
18. What town was replaced by the Route 66 State Park and Museum in Missouri?
D. Times Beach
19. At its height, Route 66 was known as the ____________ Highway.
B. Will Rogers
D. Woodie Guthrie
20. In what year was Route 66 officially decommissioned?
Copyright © 2013, KY3-TV