When it comes to fat loss, breakfast really can be the most important meal of the day. Data from the National Weight Control Registry shows that eating breakfast every day is the habit of 78% of their successful “losers”. The reason for this is twofold:
• After fasting for the previous 10-12 hours you need fuel to get your metabolism moving again.
• It keeps you from going into starvation mode and overeating later in the day. Yet the obstacles to cooking a nutritious breakfast each morning probably aren’t going anywhere. You need easy breakfasts that you can grab in 5 minutes or less. If eating breakfast isn’t part of your morning routine, start today with one of these timesaving options.
• 2 hardboiled eggs and a banana. Hard boil a dozen eggs on the weekend. They are an easy inexpensive source of protein. The banana easily fits in one hand and gives you carbs to boost morning energy.
• Apple and natural peanut butter. Natural peanut butter can easily be found, even in portable single serving packets. Slice apple in half and spread peanut butter over it.
• Greek yogurt and frozen berries. Buy the large container of plain Greek Yogurt to save money and to keep sugar low. Add your own frozen berries or fruit to make your flavor combination.
• My secret weapon – overnight steel cut oats! Steel cut oats are super easy with this no cook method. Soak 1/4 cup steel cut oats in 1/2 cup water (or milk of your choice) in the refrigerator over night. In the morning warm up in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. Add fruit, nuts, protein powder or natural peanut butter.Breakfast doesn’t have to be complicated!
Need more ideas? Find more at the Thrive Personal Fitness Blog.