Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 7:22 PM CST on December 9, 2013, expires at: 3:00 AM CST on December 10, 2013
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 3 am CST Tuesday... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect until 3 am CST Tuesday.
- Short term trends...light to occasionally moderate snow will continue this evening across most of extreme southeastern Kansas and the Missouri Ozarks. The heaviest snow will occur along and immediately north of the Interstate 44 corridor.
- Timing and areas affected...the advisory is in effect through 3 am for locations along and south of a line from Pittsburg Kansas to Osage Beach Missouri.
- Snow accumulations...total snow accumulations will range from a dusting to three inches. The highest amounts will occur along and immediately north of the Interstate 44 corridor with isolated amounts up to 4 inches possible from northern Greene and southern Polk counties...east into Laclede County.
- Impacts...snow will continue to accumulate on Road surfaces making travel difficult. The Missouri and Kansas departments of transportation indicate that roads are snow covered and slippery across almost all of southwestern Missouri and extreme southeastern Kansas. Several slide offs have also been reported. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.