Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 2:59 PM CST on December 12, 2013, expires at: 6:00 AM CST on December 14, 2013
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 am Friday to 6 am CST Saturday... The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow...sleet and freezing rain...which is in effect from 6 am Friday to 6 am CST Saturday.
- Timing and areas affected...a wintry mix will impact much of the Missouri Ozarks Friday and Friday night generally east of Interstate 49...or east of a line from Nevada to Cassville. Winter precipitation will begin early Friday morning across southwestern Missouri and spread into central Missouri and the Eastern Ozarks by mid to late morning. Precipitation will transition to rain across much of the area Friday afternoon before changing back over to a wintry mix Friday evening.
- Snow and sleet accumulations...sleet will occur at times mainly Friday morning and again Friday night while light snow develops Friday night. Total snow and sleet accumulations will range from a trace to less than an inch at most locations with one to two inches possible across central Missouri and the Eastern Ozarks.
- Ice accumulations...freezing rain will fall Friday resulting in ice accumulations from a few hundredths of an inch to around one tenth of an inch.
- Impacts...the wintry mix of precipitation will result in hazardous travel conditions Friday and Friday night especially on bridges...overpasses...and untreated roads. Travel conditions will deteriorate from southwest to northeast Friday morning. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. Foster