Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 10:38 PM CDT on May 29, 2015, expires at: 1:00 PM CDT on May 30, 2015
- ...Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday afternoon... The Flash Flood Watch continues for
- the Missouri Ozarks and portions of far southeastern Kansas.
- Through Saturday afternoon
- showers and thunderstorms with heavy rainfall will impact much of the Missouri Ozarks tonight before ending Saturday morning. The heaviest rain overnight will occur east of Highway 65 across south central Missouri where an additional one to two inches of rain may fall. This rain falling on saturated soil...will result in an increased risk for flash flooding.
- Small streams...creeks...low water crossings and area rivers will be especially susceptible to flash flooding. Those floating or camping on or near area rivers should be alert for rapid rises of water levels. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation. You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued.