Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 3:00 am CDT on August 5, 2015, expires at: 7:00 AM CDT on August 06, 2015
- ...Flash Flood Watch in effect from 7 am CDT this morning through Thursday morning... The National Weather Service in Springfield has expanded the
- Flash Flood Watch to include portions of south central Missouri and southwest Missouri...including the following in south central Missouri...Howell and Oregon. In southwest Missouri... Barry...Ozark...stone and Taney.
- From 7 am CDT this morning through Thursday morning
- one to three inches of rainfall with isolated higher amounts will be possible through Thursday morning and may lead to flash flooding.
- The heavy rain will likely lead to some flash flooding... especially over low lying areas and near creeks and streams. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation. You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued.