Issued at: 7:53 PM CST on November 25, 2015, expires at: 7:12 AM CST on November 29, 2015
- ...For the SAC river near Caplinger Mills...
- at 7:45 PM Wednesday the stage was 6.3 feet.
- Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
- Minor flooding is forecast.
- Forecast...rise above flood stage by Saturday morning and continue to rise to near 16.1 feet by Saturday morning. The river will fall below flood stage by Saturday morning.
- Impact...at 16.0 feet...minor flooding occurs at the gage site. The campground at Caplinger Mills floods. Flood observed forecast 6 am Location stage stage day time Thu Fri Sat SAC river basin Caplinger Mills 16 6.3 Wed 08 PM 7.0 16.1 11.8 Lat...Lon 3783 9384 3783 9381 3770 9372 3769 9377
Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 1:02 PM CST on November 25, 2015, expires at: 6:00 AM CST on November 28, 2015
- ...Flash Flood Watch in effect from Thursday evening through late Friday night... The National Weather Service in Springfield has expanded the
- Flash Flood Watch to include portions of southeast Kansas and Missouri...including the following areas...in southeast Kansas...Bourbon and Crawford. In Missouri...Barton...Benton... Cedar...St. Clair and Vernon.
- From Thursday evening through Friday night.
- Widespread rainfall amounts ranging from two to four inches are expected across portions of extreme southeastern Kansas and much of the Missouri Ozarks.
- Flooding of small streams and creeks is expected. Larger Stem rivers will also experience rises...and possibly even flood in some areas. Many low water crossings may become impassable... along with low lying roadways that typically experience flash flooding. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation. You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued.