Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 3:36 am CST on March 4, 2015, expires at: 6:00 AM CST on March 05, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 am CST Thursday... A Winter Weather Advisory for freezing rain...sleet and snow remains in effect until 6 am CST Thursday.
- Short term trends...temperatures remain around freezing to above freezing across the area...but should continue to drop today and will be below freezing by mid morning. Rain will change to freezing rain...sleet and snow by mid to late morning with all snow by late morning and through the afternoon.
- Timing and areas affected...portions of southeastern Kansas and southwestern and central Missouri...including the greater Interstate 44 corridor...from tonight through Thursday morning.
- Snow and sleet accumulations...a trace up to half inch of sleet...along with two to five inches of snow. The lowest snow and sleet amounts will be across the northern edge of the advisory area.
- Ice accumulations...a trace to five hundredths of an inch of freezing rain will be possible.
- Winds and visibility...moderate snow will likely result in visibility at or below one mile at times on Wednesday.
- Impacts...a combination of sleet...snow...and freezing rain will likely result in considerable travel impacts across the area starting late tonight...and continuing through the day on Wednesday. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of freezing rain...sleet and snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibility...and use caution while driving.