Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 3:34 PM CST on March 3, 2015, expires at: 6:00 AM CST on March 05, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning in effect from 3 am Wednesday to 6 am CST Thursday... The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a Winter Storm Warning for snow...sleet and freezing rain...which is in effect from 3 am Wednesday to 6 am CST Thursday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
- Timing and areas affected...areas along and southeast of a line from Kimberling City...to Marshfield to Salem from very late tonight until early Thursday morning.
- Snow and sleet accumulations...a half inch or more of sleet...along with 4 to 6 inches of snow will be possible. The heavier sleet accumulations will occur in the southern portions of the warning area.
- Ice accumulations...a glaze to seven hundredths of an inch of freezing rain will be possible.
- Winds and visibility...gusty north winds...combined with moderate to at times heavy snow...will likely result in visibility below one mile for much of the day on Wednesday.
- Impacts...a combination of sleet...snow...and freezing rain will likely result in considerable travel impacts across the area starting late tonight...and continuing through the day on Wednesday. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow... sleet...and ice are expected. This will make travel very hazardous. Consider taking a winter storm kit along with you. This kit should include such items as tire chains...booster cables...a flashlight...shovel...blankets...extra clothing and anything else that would help you survive in case you become stranded.