Trending

KY3-logo-50x25

Pictures: Houlihan's South restaurant is closed after accidental flue fire in kitchen

POSTED: 10:00 AM CDT Mar 19, 2014    UPDATED: 04:27 PM CDT Mar 19, 2014 

A Springfield fire marshal says a fire at Houlihan's South restaurant, 2110 E. Republic Road, started in the kitchen at an overheated stove flue on Wednesday morning about 9:30.  The fire only damaged the kitchen ceiling, but did about $110,000 worth of damage, according to the Springfield Fire Department.   All customers and employees made it out safely.  The restaurant will be closed for awhile, according to an email message that it sent out to its fans later Wednesday.  The health department will have to inspect and approve the condition of the restaurant before it reopens.

Houlihan's South Fire, KY3 viewer Christle Lambert
1 / 10

Houlihan's South Fire, KY3 viewer Christle Lambert

There are currently no severe weather alerts.
Advertisement
Advertisement

Toolbox