Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Lee Evans returned to practice Thursday after sitting out Wednesday. However, Ben Grubbs, Chris Carr and Jimmy Smith did not practice. ... The Steelers accused the Ravens of dirty play in Sunday's win. ... Former Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister is "broke as a joke," according to TMZ. ... Terrell Suggs was humbled by becoming the Ravens' all-time sack leader. ... Maryland receivers Ronnie Tyler and Quintin McCree have been suspended indefinitely for violations of team rules. ... Earl Weaver was in Baltimore on Thursday.
Hitting the links:
1. The Ravens' offensive success in Week 1 was noteworthy because they debuted a new blocking scheme [Baltimore Sun]
2. Mike Preston on the Baltimore secondary [Baltimore Sun]
8. Terrell Suggs talks about making movies [Ask Men]
9. The Harbaugh wives are battling it out in fashion? [Ravens.com]
11. Andy MacPhail's likely departure is a blow to the Orioles in more ways than one [SI]
12. Heath Bintliff of Dempsey's Army wants the Orioles to lose in September [Orioles Buzz]
14. Breaking down Buck's nuggets [MASN]
16. Michael Phelps did a Q&A where he talked about moslty endorsements and a little swimming [The Big Lead]Video of the morning:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.