- Click here for a link to The Gift of Time cookbook.
- Click here for more information about Halloween Costume shopping ideas from Children's Orchard.
- Click here for more information on Jamie's Wish and the KU-KSU tailgate fundraiser.
- As part of National Protect Your Identity Week, an event is planned at the Ivanhoe Community Center for the public to drop off personal shred items, tires, get their credit report run and read by a certified financial counselor and a workshop on protecting your identity given by the Kansas City Police Department and Apprisen Financial Advocates. It will be on Saturday, Oct.22 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Nutter Ivanhoe Neighborhood Center at 3700 Woodland in Kansas City, Missouri. For more information, contact Jana Root of Apprisen Financial Advocates at 1-800-355-2227 ext 1367
- The Greater Kansas City Crime Stoppers TIPS Hotline, in association with Shred-It, Target and the Overland Park, Kansas Police Department, are conducting a community shred event on October 22, 2011 at the Overland Park, Kansas Police Department, 12400 Foster, Overland Park, Kansas. The event takes place from 8am to 12pm. Protect yourself from identify theft by shredding confidential documents. Your old documents will be instantly shredded by a Shred-it high-speed, mobile, cross-shredder. All shredded materials are recycled to help protect the environment!
Donations accepted to benefit the Greater Kansas City Crime Stoppers TIPS Hotline, a 501c3 non-profit organization that takes anonymous citizen TIPS to solve crimes in your community. There will be a 3 box/bag limit per vehicle. Volunteers will be on hand to direct you in, accept your donation and remove your materials. For more information please contact the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan Crime Commission at 816-960-6800.
- Click here for more information on Holiday Mart.
- Click here for more information on the 80s Halloween Costume Party that benefits Joplin.
- The gates at Arrowhead Stadium will open at 4 p.m. Friday for the Ray-Pec vs. Joplin high school football game, which starts at 7 p.m. Tickets can be purchased through Joplin High School, Raymore-Peculiar High School, the Arrowhead Stadium Box Office or Ticketmaster. Student tickets are $5 and general admission tickets are $15. Parking is $15. Ticket, parking and concession proceeds will benefit the Joplin Recovery Fund.
- Click here for more information about The Hope Station.
- Click here for more information about the More Fun with Sisters and Brothers program.
- Click here for more information about REbeL.
- For more information on The Miracle Ball Method featured in Try it Before You Buy It go to www.pcsn.com.
- Click here for more information about KC Beerfest.
- Vitamin Tips:
-Do not take any vitamins/supplements that you really do not need to take - talk with your physician for advice on this.
-A proper diet can eliminate the need to take vitamins (fruits, vegetables, etc.)
-Some vitamins need to be taken - for example folic acid 400 mcg daily for all women of child bearing age. This is a crucial vitamin to prevent the occurrence of neural tube defects during pregnancy (spina bifida is an example of a neural tube disorder) in children born of women who do not consume this quantity daily. Again all women of child bearing age (females-----teens through menopause) need this.