5 Kids Named Jif's Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Finalists
This year marks the 10th anniversary of the competition and the grand prize winner will not only receive a $25,000 college fund but an additional $10,000 for educational expenses (in honor of the 10th Anniversary). The final 4 runner-ups get $2,500 each.
The finalists are:
1) Devlyn Williams Age: 8 - Houston, TX (PB All 'Dressed' Up)
2) Logan Guleff Age: 9 - Memphis, TN (Chomp Burger)
3) Mallory Russell. Age: 8 - Hilton Head Island, SC (P-Nutty BBQ Chicken Quesadilla)
4) Sullivan Jacobs Age: 7 - Mankato, MN (Blue Monkey Breakfast Pita)
5) Mike Salzman Age: 11 - Jericho, NY (Eggy-Nutty Sandwich)
For more information, visit www.jif.com.
1) Chomp Burger Parent: Kim G. Child: Logan G. Age: 9 Memphis, TN Ingredients: BURGER 1 lb. ground white meat turkey 2 tablespoons Jif® Natural Peanut Butter 2 tablespoons Yakisoba sauce 2 diced white mushrooms 1 small stalk of celery 1/4 white onion diced Salt, pepper (shake of each) 1 shake cayenne pepper 1 clove diced garlic Cornstarch and chopped diced roasted salted peanuts to coat the burger BROCOLLI SLAW Makes (1-2 cups) 1 bag broccoli slaw (pre-packaged salad section of grocery store) 1 tablespoon Jif Peanut Butter 1 tablespoon Yakisoba Sauce 1 teaspoon sesame seeds 1 teaspoon honey 1 tablespoon mayonnaise 1 small shake cayenne pepper 1 small shake of cinnamon Sliced apple Whole wheat bun
Directions: Combine burger ingredients and mix well- Take the patty and gently coat in corn starch and chopped diced roasted peanuts. Pan cook in a tiny bit of olive oil. Combine sauce ingredients and coat broccoli slaw leave a bit of sauce for on top of the burger. Toast whole wheat bun, add hot burger, broccoli slaw and a bit of peanut sauce, slice apple like a tomato and add to the burger- serve and enjoy. Jif natural is the best!
2) P-Nutty BBQ Chicken Quesadilla Parent: Chris R. Child: Mallory R. Age: 8 Hilton Head Island, SC
Ingredients: 2 tablespoons Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar & Hickory BBQ Sauce 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice 1/3 Cup of low fat shredded Mexican 4 cheese blend (divided) 1/3 Cup of pre-packaged oven roasted chicken chopped 1 tablespoon finely diced green onion 2 tablespoons frozen corn kernels 2 tablespoons tomato (chopped) 2 tablespoons cilantro (divided) 1/2 tablespoon butter Directions: Start by mixing first three ingredients in a small bowl. Combine well. Place butter in large fry pan over medium high heat. Lay Tortilla out on to work surface. Spread 2 tablespoons of sauce over entire surface of tortilla. Evenly sprinkle half of cheese on half of the tortilla. Add chicken, green onion, 1 teaspoon cilantro, corn kernels, & 2 tablespoons tomato on top of cheese. Sprinkle on remaining cheese. Fold and lightly press tortilla together. Roll melted butter around pan. Place Quesadilla in hot pan and grill for approx. 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and allow to rest on cutting board for about 2 minutes. Cut in half and place two pieces on plate. Garnish with remaining Cilantro, tomato and dollops of sour cream. Note: You will have enough sauce left over to make another.
3) PB All 'Dressed' Up Parent: Triana D. Child: Devlyn W. Age: 8 Houston, TX
4- 1 oz. chicken breast (grilled) 4 multi Grain Sandwich Thins 6 oz. spring or garden salad mix Salt Pepper
PB Vinaigrette: 2 tablespoons Jif® Creamy Honey PB (may use all natural for less sweeter taste) 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 1/2 cup E.V.O.O. Pinch of Salt
Directions: Lightly season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Grill 3-5 minutes on both sides flipping only once. Combine all ingredients for PB Vinaigrette in a bowl. Whisk until smooth and peanut butter is no longer visible. Take the 6 ounces of salad mix and coat with dressing (reserving 3-4 tablespoons of dressing for dipping sauce). Take the sandwich thin multi-grain bread and separate it. Lay grilled chicken on bottom bun. Top the chicken with the salad mixture and top bun. Cut sandwiches in half and serve alongside dipping sauce. ENJOY!!!
4) Eggy-Nutty Sandwich Parent: Sally S. Child: Mike S. Age: 11 Jericho, NY
1 ripe avocado - Use 3 slices 1 Egg 1/2 Romaine lettuce leaf Dash of Cinnamon Small drizzle of chili sauce 1/8 teaspoon honey, sea salt and pepper, a lemon, cooking spray 2 tablespoons Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter One sesame bagel
Slice ripe avocado lengthwise, remove pit, and use avocado scooper to get avocado slices. Season 3 slices with salt and lemon juice to taste. Cut sesame bagel lengthwise, toast lightly. Spray cooking spray in frying pan, pan fry one sunny side up egg over medium heat. Season egg with sea salt, pepper, and a tiny drizzle chili sauce. Spread one heaping tablespoon Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter on each side of toasted bagel. Drizzle honey on bottom half of bagel. Sprinkle dash of cinnamon on top of honey. Top with one lettuce leaf. Add cooked sunny side up egg on top of lettuce. Add seasoned avocado slices. Top with other bagel half.