CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Missouri reports 83 new COVID-19 deaths; Arkansas nearly 900 cases
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Here’s a breakdown of cases in both Arkansas, Missouri and the Ozarks.
Missouri: 116,946 Total Positive Cases; 1,947 Deaths; (as of 2 p.m. Wednesday, September 23) (Missouri does not report recoveries)
The Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services reported 1,580 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday. The state reported 83 new deaths.
(In the Missouri Ozarks)
- Greene County: 6,087 (2,271 Active Cases/3,758 Recoveries)
- Barry County: 460
- Barton County: 178
- Benton County: 275
- Camden County: 864
- Cedar County: 95
- Christian County: 1,342
- Dade County: 54
- Dallas County: 182
- Dent County: 132
- Douglas County: 174
- Henry County: 178
- Hickory County: 88
- Howell County: 556
- Jasper County: 2,247
- City of Joplin: 1,387
- Laclede County: 584
- Lawrence County: 571
- Maries County: 74
- McDonald County: 1,052
- Miller County: 463
- Morgan County: 315
- Newton County: 1,407
- Oregon County: 102
- Ozark County: 117
- Phelps County: 440
- Polk County: 629
- Pulaski County: 612
- Shannon County: 89
- St. Clair County: 57
- Stone County: 418
- Taney County: 1,157
- Texas County: 298
- Vernon County: 167
- Webster County: 593
- Wright County: 278
Arkansas: 75,646 Total Positive Cases; 1,080 Deaths; 69,952 Recoveries; 459 Hospitalizations (as of 4 p.m. Wednesday, September 23)
The state of Arkansas reported 874 daily cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday. Arkansas reported 20 new deaths.
(In the Arkansas Ozarks)
- Baxter County: 302 (236 Recoveries)
- Benton County: 6,399 (5,908 Recoveries)
- Boone County: 664 (509 Recoveries)
- Carroll County: 630 (558 Recoveries)
- Fulton County: 134 (100 Recoveries)
- Izard County: 202 (137 Recoveries)
- Madison County: 337 (322 Recoveries)
- Marion County: 83 (65 Recoveries)
- Newton County: 226 (170 Recoveries)
- Searcy County: 141 (135 Recoveries)
- Sharp County: 208 (165 Recoveries)
- Stone County: 322 (264 Recoveries)
- Washington County: 9,178 (8,539 Recoveries)
Here are some resources to keep you updated on the spreads.
MISSOURI CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: The state Department of Health and Senior Services said residents and medical providers needing advice on the virus can call 877-435-8411 at any time on any day.
CDC: The Centers for Disease Control is Atlanta is on the frontlines of the battle to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It offers guidance for you and your business. Click HERE.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH: Click HERE.
KY3.COM COVERAGE: Get the latest stories, both locally and nationally.
Simple preventive actions that help prevent the spread of all types of respiratory viruses include:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.