CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Missouri reports 3,300+ new cases; Arkansas adds nearly 1,0000+ cases
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Here’s a breakdown of cases in both Arkansas, Missouri and the Ozarks.
Missouri: 290,536 Total Positive Cases; 3,809 Deaths; (as of 4 p.m. Friday, November 27) (Missouri does not report recoveries)
The state of Missouri added 3,333 cases on Friday. Missouri reported one new death.
(In the Missouri Ozarks)
- Greene County: 14,665 (3,259 Active Cases/11,211 Recoveries)
- Barry County: 1,429
- Barton County: 625
- Benton County: 756
- Camden County: 2,418
- Cedar County: 440
- Christian County: 4,099
- Dade County: 283
- Dallas County: 595
- Dent County: 500
- Douglas County: 422
- Henry County: 1,068
- Hickory County: 364
- Howell County: 1,569
- Jasper County: 4,925
- City of Joplin: 3,224
- Laclede County: 1,772
- Lawrence County: 1,881
- Maries County: 358
- McDonald County: 1,396
- Miller County: 1,470
- Morgan County: 1,051
- Newton County: 2,960
- Oregon County: 365
- Ozark County: 285
- Phelps County: 1,709
- Polk County: 1,729
- Pulaski County: 1,576
- Shannon County: 337
- St. Clair County: 326
- Stone County: 1,166
- Taney County: 2,803
- Texas County: 944
- Vernon County: 657
- Webster County: 1,803
- Wright County: 758
Arkansas: 153,677 Total Positive Cases; 2,436 Deaths; 134,312 Recoveries; 1,011 Hospitalizations (as of 4 p.m. Friday, November 27)
The state of Arkansas reported 1,052 COVID-19 cases on Friday. Arkansas reported zero new deaths.
(In the Arkansas Ozarks)
- Baxter County: 1,370 (1,126 Recoveries)
- Benton County: 11,831 (10,634 Recoveries)
- Boone County: 1,736(1,422 Recoveries)
- Carroll County: 1,396 (1,195 Recoveries)
- Fulton County: 541 (446 Recoveries)
- Izard County: 983 (906 Recoveries)
- Madison County: 611 (526 Recoveries)
- Marion County: 427 (331 Recoveries)
- Newton County: 434 (359 Recoveries)
- Searcy County: 291 (253 Recoveries)
- Sharp County: 685 (533 Recoveries)
- Stone County: 466 (411 Recoveries)
- Washington County: 15,282 (13,736 Recoveries)
Here are some resources to keep you updated on the spreads.
MISSOURI CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: The state Department of Health and Senior Services said residents and medical providers needing advice on the virus can call 877-435-8411 at any time on any day.
CDC: The Centers for Disease Control is Atlanta is on the frontlines of the battle to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It offers guidance for you and your business. Click HERE.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH: Click HERE.
KY3.COM COVERAGE: Get the latest stories, both locally and nationally.
Simple preventive actions that help prevent the spread of all types of respiratory viruses include:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.