CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Missouri adds nearly 1,100 new cases; Arkansas adds 700+ cases
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Here’s a breakdown of cases in both Arkansas, Missouri, and the Ozarks.
Missouri: 691,502 Total Positive Cases; 11,827 Deaths; (as of 4 p.m. Friday, October 15) (Missouri does not report recoveries)
Missouri added nearly 1,070 new cases on Friday. Missouri added six new deaths.
(In the Missouri Ozarks)
- Greene County: 44,335 (893 Active Cases/42,821 Recoveries)
- Barry County: 3,056
- Barton County: 1,505
- Benton County: 2,253
- Camden County: 5,420
- Cedar County: 981
- Christian County: 12,934
- Dade County: 587
- Dallas County: 1,199
- Dent County: 1,568
- Douglas County: 1,331
- Henry County: 2,763
- Hickory County: 1,239
- Howell County: 4,401
- Jasper County: 13,617
- City of Joplin: 7,079
- Laclede County: 4,624
- Lawrence County: 4,008
- Maries County: 856
- McDonald County: 2,745
- Miller County: 3,452
- Morgan County: 2,369
- Newton County: 6,080
- Oregon County: 1,013
- Ozark County: 852
- Phelps County: 5,295
- Polk County: 5,066
- Pulaski County: 4,185
- Shannon County: 745
- St. Clair County: 911
- Stone County: 4,184
- Taney County: 7,306
- Texas County: 2,912
- Vernon County: 2,417
- Webster County: 4,554
- Wright County: 2,139
Arkansas: 506,011 Total Positive Cases; 8,192 Deaths; 541 Hospitalizations; 490,335 Recoveries (as of 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 15).
Arkansas reported 714 new cases on Friday. The state added 16 new deaths.
(In the Arkansas Ozarks)
- Baxter County: 5,762 (5,538 Recoveries)
- Benton County: 41,546 (40,415 Recoveries)
- Boone County: 6,153 (5,963 Recoveries)
- Carroll County: 4,251 (4,132 Recoveries)
- Fulton County: 1,673 (1,599 Recoveries)
- Izard County: 2,489 (2,355 Recoveries)
- Madison County: 2,455 (2,385 Recoveries)
- Marion County: 2,114 (2,039 Recoveries)
- Newton County: 1,165 (1,112 Recoveries)
- Searcy County: 1,237 (1,207 Recoveries)
- Sharp County: 2,808 (2,660 Recoveries)
- Stone County: 1,690 (1,595 Recoveries)
- Washington County: 44,127 (43,154 Recoveries)
The White House is releasing its reports on each state weekly. CLICK HERE for latest reports.
Here are some resources to keep you updated on the spreads.
MISSOURI CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: The state Department of Health and Senior Services said residents and medical providers needing advice on the virus can call 877-435-8411 at any time on any day.
CDC: The Centers for Disease Control is Atlanta is on the frontlines of the battle to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It offers guidance for you and your business. Click HERE.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH: Click HERE.
KY3.COM COVERAGE: Get the latest stories, both locally and nationally.
Simple preventive actions that help prevent the spread of all types of respiratory viruses include:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.