CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Missouri reports 7,600+ new cases; Arkansas adds 6,000 cases
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Here’s a breakdown of cases in Missouri, Arkansas, and the Ozarks region.
Missouri: 1,051,547 Total Positive Cases (Includes breakthrough infections); 13,929 Deaths; (as of 4 p.m. Thursday, January 27) (Missouri does not report recoveries)
Missouri has added 7,623 new cases Thursday. The state added nine new deaths.
(In the Missouri Ozarks)
- Greene County: 64,706 (14,476 Active Cases/49,555 Recoveries)
- Barry County: 4,140
- Barton County: 2,022
- Benton County: 3,096
- Camden County: 7,450
- Cedar County: 1,307
- Christian County: 14,326 (Probable cases associated with a positive antigen test)
- Dade County: 780
- Dallas County: 1,787
- Dent County: 2,224
- Douglas County: 1,858
- Henry County: 4,474
- Hickory County: 1,657
- Howell County: 6,006
- Jasper County: 18,707
- City of Joplin: 10,168
- Laclede County: 6,332
- Lawrence County: 5,275
- Maries County: 1,246
- McDonald County: 3,664
- Miller County: 4,932
- Morgan County: 3,282
- Newton County: 8,339
- Oregon County: 1,349
- Ozark County: 1,092
- Phelps County: 7,966
- Polk County: 7,373
- Pulaski County: 6,333
- Shannon County: 953
- St. Clair County: 1,218
- Stone County: 4,782
- Taney County: 9,710
- Texas County: 4,061
- Vernon County: 3,797
- Webster County: 6,373
- Wright County: 2,997
Arkansas: 762,401 Total Positive Cases; 9,596 Deaths; 1,819 Hospitalizations; 672,894 Recoveries (as of 4 p.m. Thursday, January 27).
Arkansas reported 6,016 new cases Thursday. The state added 20 new deaths.
(In the Arkansas Ozarks)
- Baxter County: 8,004 (7,080 Recoveries)
- Benton County: 61,240 (53,844 Recoveries)
- Boone County: 8,718 (7,723 Recoveries)
- Carroll County: 5,652 (5,046 Recoveries)
- Fulton County: 2,511 (2,208 Recoveries)
- Izard County: 3,609 (3,252 Recoveries)
- Madison County: 3,602 (3,241 Recoveries)
- Marion County: 3,050 (2,687 Recoveries)
- Newton County: 1,624 (1,477 Recoveries)
- Searcy County: 1,896 (1,687 Recoveries)
- Sharp County: 4,129 (3,668 Recoveries)
- Stone County: 2,510 (2,254 Recoveries)
- Washington County: 62,926 (56,207 Recoveries)
The White House is releasing its reports on each state weekly. CLICK HERE for latest reports.
Here are some resources to keep you updated on the spreads.
MISSOURI CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: The state Department of Health and Senior Services said residents and medical providers needing advice on the virus can call 877-435-8411 at any time on any day.
CDC: The Centers for Disease Control is Atlanta is on the frontlines of the battle to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It offers guidance for you and your business. Click HERE.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH: Click HERE.
KY3.COM COVERAGE: Get the latest stories, both locally and nationally.
Simple preventive actions that help prevent the spread of all types of respiratory viruses include:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.