CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Missouri reports 400+ new cases; Arkansas adds nearly 600 cases
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Here’s a breakdown of cases in both Arkansas, Missouri and the Ozarks.
Missouri: 479,966 Total Positive Cases; 8,158 Deaths; (as of 4 p.m. Friday, March 5) (Missouri does not report recoveries).
Missouri reported 430 new cases Friday. Health leaders reported eight new deaths.
(In the Missouri Ozarks)
- Greene County: 27,770 (550 Active Cases/26,804 Recoveries)
- Barry County: 2,200
- Barton County: 973
- Benton County: 1,453
- Camden County: 3,733
- Cedar County: 705
- Christian County: 8,515
- Dade County: 420
- Dallas County: 830
- Dent County: 822
- Douglas County: 772
- Henry County: 1,750
- Hickory County: 467
- Howell County: 2,830
- Jasper County: 7,452
- City of Joplin: 4,808
- Laclede County: 2,929
- Lawrence County: 2,764
- Maries County: 537
- McDonald County: 1,932
- Miller County: 2,322
- Morgan County: 1,632
- Newton County: 4,090
- Oregon County: 676
- Ozark County: 552
- Phelps County: 3,032
- Polk County: 3,250
- Pulaski County: 2,994
- Shannon County: 483
- St. Clair County: 590
- Stone County: 2,031
- Taney County: 4,600
- Texas County: 1,545
- Vernon County: 1,397
- Webster County: 2,998
- Wright County: 1,365
Arkansas: 324,326 Total Positive Cases; 5,283 Deaths; 359 Hospitalizations; 314,732 Recoveries (as of 4 p.m. Friday, March 5)
The state of Arkansas reported 570 new COVID-19 cases on Friday. Arkansas added 10 new deaths.
(In the Arkansas Ozarks)
- Baxter County: 2,907 (2,770 Recoveries)
- Benton County: 27,446 (26,626 Recoveries)
- Boone County: 3,670 (3,546 Recoveries)
- Carroll County: 2,727 (2,669 Recoveries)
- Fulton County: 1,082 (1,033 Recoveries)
- Izard County: 1,640 (1,588 Recoveries)
- Madison County: 1,408 (1,380 Recoveries)
- Marion County: 977 (928 Recoveries)
- Newton County: 695 (662 Recoveries)
- Searcy County: 663 (637 Recoveries)
- Sharp County: 1,529 (1,468 Recoveries)
- Stone County: 969 (933 Recoveries)
- Washington County: 29,561 (28,911 Recoveries)
The White House is releasing its reports on each state weekly. CLICK HERE for latest reports.
Here are some resources to keep you updated on the spreads.
MISSOURI CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: The state Department of Health and Senior Services said residents and medical providers needing advice on the virus can call 877-435-8411 at any time on any day.
CDC: The Centers for Disease Control is Atlanta is on the frontlines of the battle to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It offers guidance for you and your business. Click HERE.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH: Click HERE.
KY3.COM COVERAGE: Get the latest stories, both locally and nationally.
Simple preventive actions that help prevent the spread of all types of respiratory viruses include:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.