CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Missouri health leaders report 2,200+ cases; Arkansas adds 2,000+ cases
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Here’s a breakdown of cases in both Arkansas, Missouri and the Ozarks.
Missouri: 555,856 Total Positive Cases; 9,557 Deaths; (as of 4 p.m.Saturday, July 24) (Missouri does not report recoveries)
Missouri added 2,220 cases on Saturday. Missouri added eight new deaths.
(In the Missouri Ozarks)
- Greene County: 36,973 (4,663 Active Cases/31,843 Recoveries)
- Barry County: 2,563
- Barton County: 1,156
- Benton County: 1,721
- Camden County: 4,517
- Cedar County: 806
- Christian County: 11,158
- Dade County: 511
- Dallas County: 1,021
- Dent County: 1,062
- Douglas County: 1,042
- Henry County: 1,979
- Hickory County: 525
- Howell County: 3,376
- Jasper County: 9,284
- City of Joplin: 6,115
- Laclede County: 3,764
- Lawrence County: 3,366
- Maries County: 647
- McDonald County: 2,270
- Miller County: 2,812
- Morgan County: 1,925
- Newton County: 5,160
- Oregon County: 786
- Ozark County: 628
- Phelps County: 3,971
- Polk County: 4,169
- Pulaski County: 3,460
- Shannon County: 567
- St. Clair County: 705
- Stone County: 2,661
- Taney County: 6,042
- Texas County: 2,181
- Vernon County: 1,7235
- Webster County: 3,855
- Wright County: 1,762
Arkansas: 374,328 Total Positive Cases; 6,049 Deaths; 875 Hospitalizations; 353,397 Recoveries (as of 4 p.m. Saturday, July 24).
Arkansas reported 2,015 cases Saturday. The state added seven new deaths.
(In the Arkansas Ozarks)
- Baxter County: 4,232 (3,689 Recoveries)
- Benton County: 31,581 (30,077 Recoveries)
- Boone County: 4,567 (4,236 Recoveries)
- Carroll County: 3,128 (2,936 Recoveries)
- Fulton County: 1,283 (1,166 Recoveries)
- Izard County: 1,890 (1,746 Recoveries)
- Madison County: 1,639 (1,538 Recoveries)
- Marion County: 1,414 (1,218 Recoveries)
- Newton County: 861 (789 Recoveries)
- Searcy County: 915 (810 Recoveries)
- Sharp County: 1,795 (1,663 Recoveries)
- Stone County: 1,187 (1,102 Recoveries)
- Washington County: 33,024 (31,744 Recoveries)
The White House is releasing its reports on each state weekly. CLICK HERE for latest reports.
Here are some resources to keep you updated on the spreads.
MISSOURI CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: The state Department of Health and Senior Services said residents and medical providers needing advice on the virus can call 877-435-8411 at any time on any day.
CDC: The Centers for Disease Control is Atlanta is on the frontlines of the battle to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It offers guidance for you and your business. Click HERE.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH: Click HERE.
KY3.COM COVERAGE: Get the latest stories, both locally and nationally.
Simple preventive actions that help prevent the spread of all types of respiratory viruses include:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.