Lawrence County Health Department announces 36 new cases; possible community exposures
MOUNT VERNON, Mo. (KY3) -
The Lawrence County Health Department reports several new possible community exposures after several more confirmed cases of COVID-19. The county also reports its second death.
Health leaders say overall cases stand at 105. They reported 36 new cases Tuesday, with 15 cases linked to Lacoba Nursing Center in Monett.
Possible community exposures include:
Some of the positive cases visited the following locations:
· Crown Power Equipment July 6th 9 or 10am (no mask)
· Freedom Christian Church P.M. service -July 6th pm service at 17044 State Hwy 39, Aurora, MO
· Walmart (Aurora)
–July 9th 10-11 am (no mask)
-July 10th 3pm (masked)
-July 11th 12-12:15pm (no mask)
· Flat Creek (Republic) July 9th 12pm (no mask)
· Dollar General (Aurora) July 9th 6-6:30pm (masked)
· Al Azteca (Mt. Vernon) July 10th 6:30or 7pm (no mask)
· Walmart (Monett) July 11th 6:30pm (no mask)
· Walmart (Mt. Vernon) July 12th 2:30 pm(no mask)
· Dollar General (Monett) July 12th 1:45-2pm (masked)
· Caseys (806 Elliott , Aurora) 6:30pm (no mask)
· Kum and Go (Monett) July 8th, 9th, 10th 6:30am (no mask) July 10th, 11th, 12th 7:30 or 8pm (masked)
· Caseys (Pierce City) July 12th, 13th 7:30 or 8am (masked)
· Tontos Liquor (Pierce City) 9pm (no mask)
If you were at these locations, please monitor for symptoms for 14 days. If you think, you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop symptoms, call your health care provider.
Everyone is urged to take preventive actions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These actions include:
· Wear a mask out in public and/or at work. “I protect you, You protect me”.
· Avoid large, crowded social gatherings where social distancing is difficult to achieve.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with the crook of your arm, or in a tissue, then wash hands.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
· Stay home if you are sick.
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.