TASTE OF THE OZARKS: Turkey Two Ways
Save time in the kitchen by making two meals from one batch of ground turkey.
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) -
Turkey Two Ways
Recipes courtesy: Dietitian Alix Opfer of Achieving Your Best
· 2 lbs ground turkey
· 2 tsp paprika
· ½ large onion or 1 small onion
· 2-3 cloves garlic
· 1 tsp red pepper flakes
· 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, sauté until translucent. Add garlic and sauté, about 1 minute.
3. Add the turkey, paprika and red pepper flakes.
4. Break the turkey into pieces, while cooking until browned.
5. Split the turkey into two even parts for two different recipes.
Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
· 1 lb. ground turkey (already cooked)
· 1 c. rice
· 1 c. marinara
· 1 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
· 4 bell peppers, tops removed
Preheat oven to 375°
In a large bowl, combine the cooked ground turkey, cooked rice, marinara, and shredded pepper jack cheese. Spoon the mixture into hollowed peppers and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the peppers are tender and the mixture warmed through.
Per serving: 472 kcal , 49g carb, 38g protein, 16g fat, 4mg iron, 556mg potassium
Ground Turkey Pasta
· 1 box whole wheat pasta
· 1 c. broccoli florets
· 1-2 tbsp olive oil
· 1 lb ground turkey (already cooked)
· 1/3 c. chopped fresh basil
· 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, add the broccoli. Drain the broccoli and pasta and return to the pot. Cover and set aside. Add to pasta mixture with 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix until combined. Add Parmesan cheese and fresh basil when serving.
317 kcal, 13 g carb, 28g protein, 17g fat, 199mg calcium
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.