Fit Life: A tasty treat for Halloween
Several ways to give your Halloween a little ‘bark’
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - On this Fit Life, we’re giving you a sweet treat idea from Missouri State University Dietitian Natalie Allen.
Yields: 16 Servings
Prep time: 20 mins. Total Time: 30 mins
12 to 16 whole graham crackers
1 12-ounce package candy melts or almond bark (chocolate or white chocolate)
¼ c. of topping of choice: peanuts, pistachios, M&M’s, cranberries, raisins, pretzel sticks, pecans, almonds, sprinkles, dark chocolate chips, etc.
1. Lay the graham crackers in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet, breaking to fit as needed.
2. Melt the almond bark in medium microwave-safe bowl according to the package directions.
3. Pour the melted chocolate over the graham crackers and spread in an even layer using an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
4. Top the bark with toppings, while it’s still wet. Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes, then break into pieces.
5. Bark is easily adaptable for a variety of holidays. Feel free to change up the toppings.
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.