Queen of Clean: How to clean a dirty oven
Published: Nov. 7, 2022 at 12:56 PM CST|Updated: Nov. 7, 2022 at 3:33 PM CST
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Here’s how to naturally clean a dirty oven.
NO CHEMICALS NEEDED!
- To clean the oven and oven door use this quick formula.
- First, vacuum out the oven to remove any loose debris. To clean your vacuum tool, put it in the dishwasher. I often use the wet-dry vacuum and my VaccUFlex. (amazon.com).
- Make a thick paste of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar. I use 1/2 cup peroxide and 1/2 cup white vinegar and add enough baking soda to create a thick paste.
- Apply to the entire oven. Let sit for an hour, and then spray the paste with more hydrogen peroxide to moisten it again. Use a scrubbing sponge or FINE (0000) Steel Wool to clean it.
- Rinse well.
- Apply the same paste to the oven door glass and metal, following the same directions.
Linda Says: This can be used on any oven or oven glass, even self-cleaning ovens if you prefer not to use that feature.
Why It Works: The combination of baking soda, peroxide, and white vinegar breakdown the grease and burned on food without damaging the oven surfaces.
To report a correction or typo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2022 KY3. All rights reserved.