Advertisement

Tenants escape condo fire at Lake of the Ozarks

Published: Sep. 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Emergency response crews responded to an occupied condo fire at Lake Chalet late Wednesday morning in Osage Beach.

Initial reports indicate the occupant or occupants were able to escape the fire. One firefighter was transported from the scene to Lake Regional with heat exhaustion and a second was treated for a back injury. Both firefighters have been released.

Six departments assisted the Osage Beach Fire Protection District. There was no city water hydrants because of the location and the closest was a block away which caused the closure of Osage Beach Parkway for several hours.

"My eyes went to my straight door because my apartment was the easiest one to look at because it always had the fire extinguisher right there and it was like wow there's the fire extinguisher, there's the front door," Kenneth Davidson, who lived there, said. "Where's the rest of the building? All I can say is wow."

The condo is now a complete loss and the Fire Marshal has not yet determined the cause of the fire that displaced four families from the condo.