Advertisement

Firefighters blame space heater for fire at home west of Springfield

(KY3)
Published: Apr. 10, 2018 at 5:05 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Firefighters spent Monday night into Tuesday morning battling a house fire west of Springfield.

It started around 11:30 Monday night, crews believe a space heater in a bathroom was the cause of the fire. The house is located in the 8500 block of West Farm Road 144, north of I-44. That's two exits west of James River Freeway.

Brookline Fire Protection District Chief Larry McConnell said one man was in the home at the time of the fire and escaped without any injuries. He also reassured no one in any of the responding crews was injured. In addition to Brookline Fire Protection District, crews from Republic and Bois D'Arc also responded.