KIMBERLING CITY, Mo- Three fire departments responded to a fire at the Kimberling Inn Tuesday morning. The 911 call came in just before 3:00 a.m.
Courtesy: Southern Stone County Fire Protection District
A spokesman for the Southern Stone County Fire Protection District says the fire did extensive damage to two units in one of the condo buildings. Two other units were also damaged. Eric Nielsen tells KY3/KSPR News the units were unoccupied, but the building was evacuated.
Fire crews say they were able to pump water out of the lake and knock down the fire quickly.
A pregnant woman was evaluated for smoke inhalation. She was not taken to the hospital.
Investigators on scene say it appears that the fire was started by a flue fire in a gas water heater.
Five years ago this month, fire damaged one unit at the same complex. 20 people inside the complex made it out okay. An electrical short started that fire.