Owners announce Papouli's Greek restaurant in Reeds Spring, Mo. closing for good after fire

Samantha Phillips

REEDS SPRING, Mo. -- A popular restaurant in Reeds Spring, Mo. will not reopen after a fire.

A fire significantly damaged Papouli's Greek Restaurant on May 1. The fire started in the kitchen. Flames shot out of the restaurant when firefighters arrived on the scene. Firefighters ruled the fire was an accident.

Papouli's was known around the Ozarks for its Greek menu. The restaurant's owners thanked customers for 33 years of memories.