PICTURES: High winds spread garage fire into vacant home near Cabool

Courtesy: Mountain Grove Fire Department

NEAR CABOOL, Mo. -- Firefighters say a house fire got out of control because of high winds overnight near Cabool.

The fire started around 3:30 a.m. Firefighters arrived to the garage fully-engulfed. High winds spread the fire from a the garage to a vacant house next door.

Crews remained on the scene for three hours. Cabool Fire Department, Mountain Grove Fire Department, Mountain Grove Police and Mercy EMS responded.

(Pictures courtesy Mountain Grove Fire Dept.)