Police tie three recent deadly shootings in Springfield to possible stolen gun

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. Three people are now charged in relation to three Springfield homicides. Josh Hampton and Steven Marler were shot to death at a house on East Locust last Thursday morning. Saturday, Sabrina Starr was found shot and killed at a house on North Oakland.

Three people, Luis Perez, Aaron Anderson and Dalia Garcia, are charged in connection with the killings. Police believe Luis Perez was the gunman at both murder scenes, Anderson went along with the plan on East Locust, and Garcia helped destroy evidence.

Investigators learned Luis Perez and Aaron Anderson had recently been living at 906 East Locust, but roommates kicked them out.
Detectives say early last Thursday morning, Perez, Anderson and Sabrina Starr, went to the house on East Locust.

Anderson said they went in Starr's vehicle, a silver SUV, and that Perez did all the shooting, while he and Starr listened over speaker phone. Police say his account matches the evidence at the scene, where Steven Marler and Josh Hampton were found dead.
Police later found ammo at Starr's house that matched the shell casings there.

Witnesses said Starr had recently stolen a Glock 19 pistol from a vheicle and gave it to Perez in exchange for some tattoos. He was her tattoo artist, and court documents say Perez and Anderson had also moved in with Sabrina Starr after being kicked out of East Locust.

Saturday, Starr's family found her dead in her home at 2146 North Oakland. Anderson told police Perez shot her six times, which matched the evidence. Anderson said he then rented a room at the Battlefield Inn for he and Perez, as well as Perez' girlfriend, Dalia Garcia, who arrived in town from New Jersey on Friday. Garcia told police she helped burn bloody clothing.

Police found the three of them, and another woman, at Walmart on East Independence on Monday. They were initially held for Perez' illegal immigration status and Anderson's previous felony warrant. Perez confirmed he knew all the victims but denied any involvement in their deaths.