SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
* 1 tablespoon oil
* 1 onion, diced
* 2 carrots, diced
* 2 stalks celery, diced
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped * 4 cups chicken broth (or beef broth or ham broth)
* 1 pound raw corned beef in pickling juices, diced
* 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
* 2 cups cabbage, shredded
* salt and pepper to taste
9. Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, add the onions, carrots and celery and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes, before adding the garlic and cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
10. Add the broth, corned beef, potatoes and cabbage, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the beef is tender, about 1-2 hours.