Taste of the Ozarks: Christmas Mug Cake recipe
This is the perfect dessert when you need a touch of something sweet, but not too much. These mug cakes each serve one person and are easy to whip up in just a couple of minutes.
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• ¼ cup flour
• Pinch of salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
• 2 teaspoons sprinkles
1. In an 8-ounce mug, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Make a small well and add the milk, vanilla and oil. Mix just until combined. Stir in the sprinkles.
2. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70-80% power (adjusting as needed depending on the heat/power of your microwave). Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Related StoriesProtein Powder Showdown: Sorting through the pluses and minuses
FIT LIFE: 3 ways to release tension in your hamstrings
Fit Life: Building strength in legs
Fit Life: A new workout challenge on a small budget
An easy dinner for your little trick or treaters
Fit Life: Simple workout hack to build strength quicker
FIT LIFE: Making Buddha bowls
Fit Life: Fitness Game could spice up your workout
A quick Thanksgiving appetizer for your snacking guests
FIT LIFE: Fight the holiday weight gain with this simple tool