SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Egg and Red Bell Pepper Sandwich
Recipe courtesy: Dietitian Austin Gott of Citizens Memorial Hospital
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
1 large egg
1 onion bagel
1 red bell pepper ring
¼ cup of spring mix (or favorite greens)
1 tsp black pepper
½ tbsp. low fat chive and onion cream cheese
2 tsp of your favorite salsa (or try it with Sriracha)
1. On medium heat, warm up a medium skillet on the stove.
2. Oil pan with olive oil or cooking spray.
3. Chop red bell pepper in a ring shape and add to the pan.
4. Crack egg and add it to the center of the red bell pepper ring. Sprinkle pepper on the egg.
5. While the egg and the pepper ring are cooking, put the onion bagel in the toaster and set it to your favorite setting.
6. Cook egg and pepper ring as desired on one side and then flip, ensuring the egg and pepper ring stay together. Cook other side as desired.
7. Spread cream cheese on both sides of the bagel, add the egg and pepper ring, add salsa (or sriracha), and then top with the spring mix (or your favorite greens).
Calories 308, Total Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 2g, Monounsaturated Fat 2g, Sodium 263mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Protein 15g, Vitamin A 102%, Calcium 31%