SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Breakfast Pizza
Recipe courtesy: Dietitian Lynetta Smith of Citizens Memorial Hospital
1 (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust dough or a homemade recipe
1/4 cup skim milk
1 cup cooked turkey sausage crumbles
1 cup skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup green pepper, diced
1/2 cup red pepper, diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
1. Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
2. Using a 15x10x1" baking sheet, roll out your pizza dough. Use your fingertips, to make small indentations in the dough (this helps the eggs settle and cook more evenly).
3. In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and the milk, then using a pastry brush, brush the egg over the crust. Top with ham, sausage, cheese, and vegetables. You can also sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper and then some garlic powder to add a little more flavor. Use whatever toppings and seasonings you like!
4. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes (ours cooked in about 13 minutes. Just make sure the egg is completely cooked and your dough is done.
5. Remove from oven, slice, and serve.
NOTE: Store leftover pizza in an airtight container in refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave for 2 minutes or until cheese melts. You may also store the pizza for up to 6 months in the freezer in a ziplock bag or airtight container.
Serving Size: 1/6 pizza
Calories 291, Total fat 13g, Saturated fat 3g, Cholesterol 37mg, Sodium 812mg, Potassium 86mg, Total carbohydrate 19g, Dietary fiber 1g, Protein 14g