SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Chimichurri Sauce
Recipe courtesy: Dietitian Lindsay Sparks
· 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
· 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
· 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
· 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 tsp dried oregano or 1-2 Tbsp. fresh, minced
· 1/2 tsp ground cumin
· 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
· 1/2 tsp salt
1. Wash the parsley and cilantro and pat dry with paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible. Remove the leaves from the parsley and cilantro stems, then chop finely.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the minced garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, cumin, crushed red pepper, salt, chopped parsley, and chopped cilantro. Whisk to combine.
3. Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use. Best used within 3-5 days. Can also pour into ice cube trays and freeze for later.
(Per 2 Tbsp)
Calories: 166, Total Fat: 18 gm, Sat Fat: 2 gm, Monounsaturated Fat: 13 gm, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 gm, Sodium 197 mg, Potassium 33 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 1 gm; Vitamin A: 7%