SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Recipe Courtesy: Dietitian Lynetta Smith of Citizens Memorial Hospital
1 pound chicken breasts - sliced thinly
1 red pepper - sliced
1 green pepper - sliced
1 yellow pepper - sliced
1 onion - halved and cut slices
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of chili flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
6 whole wheat soft tortilla shells, warmed
1. Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
2. In small bowl combine oil, chili powder, cumin, chili flakes, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Toss chicken, veggies and oil mixture together on a large sheet pan with one inch edge.
4. Spread out evenly.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked and the veggies are soft, with a crispy edge.
6. Serve with tortillas, sour cream, avocado and all your favorite fajita fixings!
NOTE: You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Serving Size: 1 tortilla shell filled with meat/pepper mixture
Calories 300, Total fat 13g, Saturated fat 3g, Cholesterol 43mg, Sodium 617mg, Potassium 190mg, Total carbohydrate 30g, Dietary fiber 5g, Protein 22g, 182% Daily value Vitamin C