Courtesy: Dietitian Lindsay Sparks of Mercy Hospital
Serving Size: ¾ cup
• 1 medium head of cauliflower (about 1 ½ lbs.), cut into florets
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• ¼ cup 2% milk
• 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 tbspwhipped butter (or regular unsalted butter)
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ cup grated Havarti cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil then add the cauliflower and garlic and boil until the
cauliflower is soft, about 15-20 minutes. Drain, and return them to the pot.
2. Add the milk, Parmesan cheese, butter, salt and pepper to taste. Puree the mixture in the pot
with an immersion blender or move all ingredients to a blender or food processor to puree.
Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the Havarti until it has melted. Serve hot.
Nutrition per Serving:
Fat: 6 gm
Saturated Fat: 3.5 gm
Carbohydrates: 11 gm
Fiber: 4.5 gm
Protein: 9 gm
Sugars: 5 gm
Sodium: 250 mg
Recipe adapted from: Gina Homolka & Heather Jones, R.D.>