▪ 1 10-ounce package frozen shelled edamame
▪ 1 head green cabbage, quartered, core removed, sliced into slivers
▪ 1 cup finely sliced orange bell pepper (about 1 pepper)
▪ 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño (about ½ pepper)
▪ ½ cup, plus 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice (from 1 orange)
▪ 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
▪ 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
▪ 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger root
▪ 2 tablespoons olive oil
▪ 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice (from ½ lime)
▪ ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
▪ 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
▪ ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
▪ ¼ cup chopped raw, unsalted peanuts
Directions1. Cook edamame according to package directions.
2. In a large serving bowl, combine cabbage, bell pepper, jalapeño and edamame.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, olive oil, lime juice and pepper flakes.
4. Pour dressing over vegetables and use tongs to gently combine until evenly coated.
5. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
6. Garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro and peanuts. Serve chilled.
Nutrition per serving:
140 calories, 8g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 13g
carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 6g sugar, 7g protein