MEMPHIS, Tenn., June 29, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- First Horizon Corporation (NYSE: FHN or "First Horizon") today released its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Impact Report highlighting progress made in 2021 and in the first few months of 2022. The report focuses on five interrelated pillars - Governance, Associates, Clients, Communities and Environment - that guide the company's business.
"As the world continues to change and our company grows, the role we play in supporting sustainable economic growth and societal progress remains critically important" said Bryan Jordan, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Being HERE FOR GOOD for all our stakeholders is at the core of our organization, and I am excited to share the progress we have made in advancing our ESG strategy and priorities and understanding the correlation with business resiliency, value creation and long-term organizational success."
- Assigned ESG oversight to the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee of the board of directors with regular updates to the full board of directors
- Developed focus areas aligned with our ESG pillars
- Operationalized ESG priorities through CSR Working Group and Task Forces
- Started alignment with Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) recommendations and Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) disclosures
- Calculated and reported Scope 1 &2 location-based GHG emissions using 2019 as baseline year
- Conducted initial loan portfolio analysis looking at physical and transition risks and opportunities
- Continued to support environmental, community and nature-based projects
- Distributed over $19 million in 2021 through nonprofits to fund opportunities for growth and development and to address important issues prevalent in our communities
- Continued to provide tools, resources and support to promote associates' financial, mental and physical well-being
- Supported financial literacy through Operation HOPE, Junior Achievement and other programs
- Refined and enhanced our cyber risk management practices and provided tools to clients and associates to help mitigate risks
- Expanded DEI team and launched enterprise-wide DEI Council
- Committed to the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion TM
- Named women to key leadership roles: COO, CFO and CHRO
To read the full report, visit https://www.firsthorizon.com/First-Horizon-Corporation/Corporate-Social-Responsibility
First Horizon Corp. (NYSE: FHN), with $88.7 billion in assets as of March 31, 2022, is a leading regional financial services company, dedicated to helping our clients, communities and associates unlock their full potential with capital and counsel. Headquartered in Memphis, TN, the banking subsidiary First Horizon Bank operates in 12 states across the southern U.S. The Company and its subsidiaries offer commercial, private banking, consumer, small business, wealth and trust management, retail brokerage, capital markets, fixed income, mortgage, and title insurance services. First Horizon has been recognized as one of the nation's best employers by Fortune and Forbes magazines and a Top 10 Most Reputable U.S. Bank. More information is available at www.FirstHorizon.com.
View original content to download multimedia:
SOURCE First Horizon Corporation