UConn vs. Ohio State Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
Published: Mar. 21, 2023 at 10:44 AM CDT|Updated: Mar. 25, 2023 at 10:38 AM CDT
Saturday's game at Climate Pledge Arena has the UConn Huskies (31-5) taking on the Ohio State Buckeyes (27-7) at 4:00 PM ET on March 25. Our computer prediction projects a 76-66 victory for UConn, who are favored by our model.
In their last game on Monday, the Huskies claimed a 77-58 victory against Baylor.
UConn vs. Ohio State Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 4:00 PM ET
- Where: Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle, Washington
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch every women's tournament game and other live sports without cable!
UConn vs. Ohio State Score Prediction
- Prediction: UConn 76, Ohio State 66
UConn Schedule Analysis
- The Huskies' best victory this season came against the Iowa Hawkeyes, a team ranked inside the AP's Top 25 (No. 3). The Huskies brought home the 86-79 win at a neutral site on November 27.
- The Huskies have 14 wins versus Quadrant 1 opponents, tied for the second-most in the nation.
- UConn has seven wins against Quadrant 2 teams, tied for the 16th-most in the country.
- Against Quadrant 3 teams, the Huskies are 9-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 16th-most victories.
UConn 2022-23 Best Wins
- 86-79 over Iowa (No. 3/AP Poll) on November 27
- 83-76 at home over Texas (No. 15/AP Poll) on November 14
- 84-67 on the road over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on January 26
- 60-51 on the road over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on February 18
- 67-56 over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on March 6
Ohio State Schedule Analysis
- On March 4, the Buckeyes picked up their best win of the season, a 79-75 victory over the Indiana Hoosiers, who rank No. 2 in the AP's Top 25.
- The Buckeyes have tied for the 12th-most Quadrant 1 victories in the country (10).
- When facing Quadrant 2 teams, Ohio State is 6-1 (.857%) -- tied for the 26th-most victories.
- When facing Quadrant 3 opponents (according to the RPI), the Huskies are 9-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 16th-most victories.
Ohio State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 79-75 over Indiana (No. 2/AP Poll) on March 4
- 87-75 at home over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on November 8
- 96-77 on the road over Louisville (No. 17) on November 30
- 71-69 at home over North Carolina (No. 20/AP Poll) on March 20
- 84-67 over Oregon (No. 24) on December 21
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
UConn Performance Insights
- The Huskies are outscoring opponents by 17.9 points per game with a +644 scoring differential overall. They put up 76.3 points per game (25th in college basketball) and allow 58.4 per contest (42nd in college basketball).
- In conference games, UConn averages fewer points per game (73.5) than its season average (76.3).
- The Huskies are putting up 78.5 points per game at home. In road games, they are averaging 72.8 points per contest.
- UConn is giving up 58.3 points per game this season when playing at home, which is 0.1 fewer points than it is allowing in away games (58.4).
- On offense, the Huskies have had a hard time putting the ball in the basket over their last 10 games, scoring 70.7 points per contest over that span as opposed to the 76.3 they've racked up over the course of this year.
Ohio State Performance Insights
- The Buckeyes outscore opponents by 12.2 points per game (posting 80.4 points per game, eighth in college basketball, and conceding 68.2 per contest, 275th in college basketball) and have a +416 scoring differential.
- In Big Ten action, Ohio State has averaged 5.6 fewer points (74.8) than overall (80.4) in 2022-23.
- The Buckeyes average 82.1 points per game at home, and 78.0 on the road.
- Ohio State is allowing fewer points at home (64.9 per game) than away (67.0).
- The Buckeyes have fared worse offensively in their previous 10 games, tallying 75.0 points per contest, 5.4 fewer points their than season average of 80.4.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.