The 2023 PGA Championship Odds & Preview: Scottie Scheffler
Heading into the final round of the PGA Championship, Scottie Scheffler is in fifth place at -2.
Looking to place a bet on Scottie Scheffler at the PGA Championship this week? Read on for the betting odds and stats you need before you make your picks.
Put together your best lineup of golfers and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Scottie Scheffler Insights
- Scheffler has finished below par on 16 occasions, completed his day bogey-free once and finished 17 rounds with a better-than-average score over his last 20 rounds played.
- He has carded the best score of the day in one of his last 20 rounds, while scoring among the top five in seven rounds and the top 10 on 12 occasions.
- Scheffler has recorded a score within three shots of the day's best in eight of his last 20 rounds, while finishing within five strokes of the top score of the day 14 times.
- In his past five appearances, Scheffler has one win, three top-five finishes and four top-10 finishes.
- In his past five events, Scheffler finished within three shots of the leader three times and five or fewer strokes back four times. He carded a score better than average five times.
- Scheffler is hoping for his 13th consecutive finish in the top 20 this week.
- Scheffler will try to make the cut for the 16th event in a row by making it to the weekend in this tournament.
Sign up for ESPN+ to get access to PGA Tour Live, which broadcasts the main feed, featured holes and marquee groups from over 35 events per year! Plus, get tons of other live sports, original shows and the full "30 for 30" library. Sign up today!
Over the last year
|Tournaments||AVG Finish||AVG Score||AVG Strokes||Wins||Made Cuts||Top 5s||Top 10s||Earnings|
Bet with the King of Sportsbooks! Check out the latest PGA odds and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook.
PGA Championship Insights and Stats
- Scheffler has two top-10 finishes, with one of them being a top-five finish, in his past three appearances at this tournament. His average finishing position has been sixth.
- Scheffler has two made cuts in his past three appearances at this tournament.
- Scheffler missed the cut when he last played this event, which was in 2022.
- The par-70 course measures 7,394 yards this week, 94 yards longer than the average Tour stop during the past 12 months.
- In the past year, PGA Tour stops have seen an average score of -5, while Oak Hill Country Club has a recent scoring average of +3.
- Courses that Scheffler has played in the past year have measured an average of 7,299 yards, 95 yards shorter than the 7,394-yard Oak Hill Country Club this week.
- Events he has played in the past year have seen players average a score of -4. That's lower than this course, which has a scoring average of +3.
Scheffler's Last Time Out
- Scheffler finished in the 45th percentile on the 16 par-3 holes at the AT&T Byron Nelson, with an average of par.
- He shot well to finish in the 96th percentile on par 4s at the AT&T Byron Nelson, averaging 3.75 strokes on those 44 holes.
- Scheffler shot better than 85% of the golfers at the AT&T Byron Nelson on the tournament's 12 par-5 holes, averaging 4.25 strokes per hole compared to the field average, which was 4.47.
- Scheffler shot better on par 3s than most players his last time out, recording a birdie or better on two of 16 par-3s at the AT&T Byron Nelson (the field averaged 1.7).
- On the 16 par-3s at the AT&T Byron Nelson, Scheffler recorded two bogeys or worse (more than the tournament average of 1.8).
- Scheffler's 14 birdies or better on par-4s at the AT&T Byron Nelson were more than the tournament average of 6.8.
- At that last competition, Scheffler's showing on the 44 par-4s included a bogey or worse four times (the field's average was worse, at 4.5).
- Scheffler ended the AT&T Byron Nelson with a birdie or better on nine of the 12 par-5s, bettering the tournament average of 4.9.
- On the 12 par-5s at the AT&T Byron Nelson, Scheffler had one bogey or worse, more than the field average of 0.4.
PGA Championship Time and Date Info
- Date: May 18-21, 2023
- Course: Oak Hill Country Club
- Location: Rochester, New York
- Par: 70 / 7,394 yards
- Scheffler Odds to Win: +850 (Bet now with BetMGM!)
Watch live golf without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
All statistics in this article reflect Scheffler's performance prior to the 2023 PGA Championship.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM and FanDuel for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please play responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.