Areas Affected: Bates; Vernon
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Osage River near Schell City affecting Bates and Vernon Counties
Osage River at Taberville affecting St. Clair County
...For the Osage River near Schell City...
* At 7:45 AM Monday The stage was 31.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 30.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river has crested and will continue to fall to below flood stage by late this afternoon.
* Impact...At 31.0 feet...Flood waters impact low lying areas west of Schell City. County roads west and north of Route M become flooded. The Four River Conservation Area 10 miles west of Schell City floods. && FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Tue Wed Thu Osage River Basin Schell City 30 31.0 Mon 08 AM 26.8 20.9 18.5 &&
Do not drive through flowing water. Nearly half of all flood fatalities are vehicle related. As little as 6 inches of water may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Two feet of water will carry most vehicles away. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio for updates or local media for updates. Additional river information can be found on our Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service page at http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/ index.php?wfo=sgf